> On 7 Dec 2014, at 18:59, sqwarqDev <2551p...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> AEDescriptor is:
>>> <NSAppleEventDescriptor: 'capp'{ 'desk':'obj '{ 'form':'name',
>>> 'want':'cfol', 'seld':'utxt'("Fusion:Users:sphil:Desktop:"), ..., ....
>
>> What you've shown above is just the description string of the
>> NSAppleEventDescriptor. It's not its native content.
>
> Acutally, its the result of
>
> NSAppleEventDescriptor *result =[_userScript executeAndReturnError:&myError];

Just to add a bit more clarity, lest we end up going down a rabbit hole here
(I've been in this warren before when discussing AppleScript...), the
AEDescriptor that I gave an example of is exactly the same as what you'll see
if you run a script in Script Editor, then leave your cursor hovering over the
Replies or Events panels (Accessory view) at the bottom of Script Editor.

After a second or two, you'll see a popup view with the raw AppleScript result
code, which Script Editor magically turns into human readable code in the
Accessory view panel.

I am looking for any tips on how to go about performing the same trick.

Best

Phil