> On Jan 21, 2015, at 11:03 PM, Rick C. <rickcort...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the reply.  But how can I have multiple icon files in the bundle
> and then choose the one I want?

Alter the app's Info.plist, I suppose (and then call LaunchServices to tell it
to re-register, so it'll notice the changes.)
Which is a really ugly thing to do — apps should _not_ be self-modifying. And
it may often require administrator access because the user may not have write
access to the app.

I guess another possibility is to have an installer that writes the correct
icon as the app is installed. But installers suck.

Just leave it alone, is my advice. It's not worth the trouble just to try to
make your app fit in. Change the icon to Yosemite style, and when users
complain tell them to upgrade their OS to match it.

—Jens