On Jan 31, 2015, at 12:00:03, Jerry Krinock <je...@ieee.org> wrote:

> I liked this one [1] by Aaron Douglas (all in Swift) when I was needed to do
> a presentation on Core Data last September.  And then, in a rage of NIH [2],
> I wrote my own [3] instead, in Objective-C.  The one Swift alternative file
> in there is still untested :))
>
> Finally, always check Ray Wenderlich’s site [4] when you want sample code.
>
> 1.
> https://github.com/astralbodies/CoreDataConcurrencyDemo/tree/master/CoreDataConcurrencyDemo
> 2.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_invented_here
> 3.  https://github.com/jerrykrinock/YaBT-Yet-another-Bug-Tracker
> 4.  http://www.raywenderlich.com

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to make this work with an
NSPersistentDocument. All the examples I've looked at are for iOS, so they all
set up their own complete Core Data stack. What I'm trying to do - based on
these examples - is to override the document's managedObjectContext method,
which is where I'll create the NSMainQueueConcurrencyType MOC, and set its
parent to the NSPrivateQueueConcurrencyType "root" MOC. But in order to create
the root MOC, I need to get at the NSPersistentDocument's
NSPersistentStoreCoordinator, but there is no method or property to get at
that. Do I just create my own NSPersistentStoreCoordinator instead, like the
iOS examples do?

--
Steve Mills
Drummer, Mac geek