> On 2015 Jan 30, at 12:32, Steve Mykytyn wrote:
>
> The documentation for the Date and Time Programming Guide for iOS does not
> seem to be telling the truth, or perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Please file a bug report.

> On Feb 5, 2015, at 6:56 AM, Jeffrey Oleander <jgo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Some countries did not adopt the Gregorian adjustment until the 1750s, and
> others much later than that (Russia partially converted in 1700 but not
> completely until 1922, Turkey in 1926).  Anyway, it's not something you can
> do a neat mathematical conversion on and have it work "perfectly" everywhere
> and for every date.   What of those of us who have to deal with dates going
> back to e.g. 1200BCE?

The Date and Time Programming Guide mentions that issue too.

"Some countries adopted the Gregorian calendar at various later times.
Nevertheless, for consistency the change is modeled at the same time regardless
of locale. If you need absolute historical accuracy for a particular localeā€¦"

--
Greg Parker     gpar...@apple.com     Runtime Wrangler