Hi all,

Quick question as I'm guessing the answer is "no", but I've a UIAgent that floats an NSPanel above other apps and I'm wondering if there's any way to avoid 1. having to click not once but twice to put the cursor in a text field when the panel isn't already active, and 2. prevent the next app - in this case Adobe Illustrator - losing all focus which causes all of its own panels to vanish? [1]

(I realize I could probably implement my NSPanel as a ObjC++ plugin which runs within the Illustrator process, but I'd rather not inject my own code into AI if possible as it's crashy enough without my shoddy C* code destabilizing it further.)

Thanks,

has

[1] Screen recording if it helps illustrate the problem: <http://mantasystems.co.uk/placepackcopy-720.mov> (22MB)