I confused the view with the color, but in essence that’s what I was afraid you
were saying: that Yosemite is blending with unrelated content instead of what
is layered by your app/view/window/whatever “under” the rectangle you’re trying
to fill.

I believe you should file a bug report on this.

--

Charles