On 17 Apr 2015, at 22:32, Ron Wagner <r...@wagnertechnologies.com> wrote:
>  I asked the users if they might have had the mute switch in the muted
> position, and they state it was not in the mute position, and cycling the
> mute switch on and off had no affect.
>
> Seeing as how we have not implemented a “cone of silence” feature in our app,
> I’m out of ideas of where to look and how to debug this problem. Since the
> sound always plays through earbuds when plugged in, I can’t see how it would
> be our code.

 If I may doubt your users for a second: There are different categories of
sound (I don’t recall what they were called precisely), which control whether a
sound should be muted by the mute switch or not. Have you checked whether
you’re possibly using the wrong sound category? The users you asked may have
only thought that since YouTube plays sound, it isn’t muted.

In general, the “mute” switch is actually a “ringer” switch. That is, it’s
supposed to *only* suppress notification sounds and ring tones, not e.g. movie
audio. Could that perhaps be your issue? I think the APIs that let you set this
category of sound are called “audio session” or so?

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
“The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere...”
http://zathras.de