I'm looking into options for building an iOS and Mac app that can sync/share
Core Data between them. I'm well aware of the issues with Core Data iCloud
syncing in iOS 5 and 6 and that it is supposedly better so I'm willing to try
it. The apps can have deployment targets of iOS 8 and greater and OS X 10.10. I
don't expect they'll be ready to release before iOS 9 and 10.11 (or whatever
it's called) are out. The apps will be "document-based" in that the user can
open different data files each which should sync separately.

The most detail explanation I can find of iCloud Core Data syncing is WWDC 2013
session 207 (which apparently also applies to iOS 8) and the objc.io issue:
http://www.objc.io/issue-10/icloud-core-data.html

I looked into Ensembles (http://www.ensembles.io) a bit last year and bought a
"support package. I'm also aware of BSManagedDocument (but haven't tried using
it). And I've seen this
http://ossh.com.au/design-and-technology/software-development/ but I didn't see
any accompanying code.

I'm comfortable with Objective-C, Swift, and Core Data locally, but not syncing
Core Data.

Is there someone where that I should look for that describes the steps in
detail including setting the proper entitlements, etc. in Xcode 6?

I assume now that the iOS synced data would show up in the iCloud Drive on the
Mac - correct - or am I missing something that it is only for iCloud Documents,
not Core Data sync? I don't quite understand how URLForUbiquityContainer comes
into play on the Mac if the files now appear local on the Mac. After the user
chooses File -> Open would they navigate to the iCloud Drive and select the
file? If so, how does the code then use URLForUbiquityContainer.

Pointers to any documentation or tutorials or recommendations would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave Reed