> On 11 May 2015, at 2:27 pm, dangerwillrobinsondan...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> There was a WWDC video on Responsive Scrolling.

If that’s the one from WWDC 2013 that talks about
NSScrollViewDidLiveScrollNotification and friends, I don’t think it’s relevant
to this situation.

If you have a view that’s the content of a document’s scrollview (or any
scrollview), then for responsive scrolling you shouldn’t override
-scrollWheel:, because the way this is processed by NSScrollVIew is rather
different and complex, and any override of your own will disable responsive
scrolling. However, that’s not the situation here - I just want to use the
scrollwheel to adjust a control’s value. How it’s adjusted to give the most
usable behaviour depends on what sort of input device the user is using - a
two-finger scroll swipe on a trackpad is a very different kind of input than a
clicky scroll wheel on a mouse. Sadly there’s no way in -scrollWheel: to tell
them apart. Unless I’ve missed something.

—Graham