On 03 Jun 2015, at 20:30, Mark Wright <blue.bucon...@virgin.net> wrote:
> I believe Uli is mistaken on this point, I’m pretty sure Apple actually
> recommends prefixing your own ivars in this manner (hence the way auto
> property synthesis works), it’s *methods* that generally shouldn’t be
> prefixed with an underscore (but I do that on occasion too since the naming
> is generally specific enough to render collisions vanishingly unlikely).

 We’re fully in agreement that ivars’ names don’t matter, while methods are
important WRT avoiding the underscore. The issue is just that if you want to
make a private *property* (as opposed to a private ivar), you can’t use an
underscore prefix, because that would implicitly generate a getter *method*
with an underscore.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
“The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere...”
http://zathras.de