I love objective-c and swift. I'll concentrate on swift moving forward but I
still have large code bases in obj-c.

Sent from Outlook

    _____________________________
From: Maxthon Chan <m...@maxchan.info>
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2015 8:52 PM
Subject: Language options: Objective-C, Swift, C or C++?
To: Cocoa-Dev List <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com>

News outlets says that Objective-C is quickly falling out of people’s attention
and developers are turning away from it to Swift and C++. So what language will
you use to code various parts of your new project? Objective-C? Swift 2? C++?
Or the good old plain C?

For me, it is still Objective-C and plain C, maybe Swift 2 in the future. I
always hated C++ for its confusing feature set and difficulty in mastering it,
let alone fragile ABI and inability to use modules to accelerate compilation
time. I never looked at the original version of Swift language closely because
it is not feature stable yet and it is confusing since all my previous
experiences are Objective-C, Visual Basic .net and a little bit C# (I am a
convert from Windows and Windows Phone camp, gave up Microsoft four years ago
when I began to see the downfall of Windows as a decent operating system) The
Objective-C and C also have the advantage of being able to be ported rather
effortlessly to Linux using GNUstep.

Swift 2 though, provided all (Objective-)C currently have, so I am interested
and will look into it once I downloaded Xcode 7.