Since Swift has come out, I have been using Swift exclusively. IMHO, Swift is
the way to go. I think it’s stable at this point. I could see where the changes
to the syntax could be confusing or frustrating but having dealt with it since
the beginning, to me, its arbitrary.

And that’s also based on my own experience. I didn’t even know what the hell a
pointer was until I started using Obj-C because in college I started
programming in Java. I think Apple should be focused more on promoting Swift
than anything, because its their future.

Obviously everything in frameworks is in Obj-C but it’s easy to use Swift and
not have to deal with Obj-C for nearly everything when programming for iOS. At
least thus far that has been my experience.

Obj-C will still be around but Swift closely resembles Java, Haskell, Scala, is
far less verbose than Obj-C. there are plenty of brilliant programmers I
respect a great deal that won’t go anywhere near Obj-C.

As far as news outlets, I wouldn’t let that persuade you at all. If you like
Obj-C, there’s certainly nothing wrong with that. :)