> The other major problem I ran into — unrelated, but I’m mentioning it in case
> someone wants to jump in and tell me the easy way — is that I’m trying to use
> frameworks in order to break the project into modules so that I can use the
> access controls (private and internal) to keep implementation details of
> related groups of files out of the grasp of unrelated code. This is in a
> cross-platform (OS X, iOS) project with shared code. Since the different
> platforms need different frameworks, and the frameworks/modules have to have
> different names to tell them apart, I can’t share source code files across
> platforms because of the “import” statements. Maybe I’m missing something
> obvious here.

I have a similar related problem.

My cross platform project builds both iOS and OS X Frameworks. I run the same
test code on the iOS and OS X frameworks. In my swift test code I use #if
os(iOS) to differentiate.

#if os(iOS)
import UIKit
import MovingImagesiOS
import Photos
#endif

I also have a small number of cases where I use.

#if os(OSX)

and I have a couple of tests that don’t work on the iOS simulator and I use the

#if !(os(iOS) && arch(x86_64))

to exclude.

Kevin