> On 13 Jun 2015, at 8:09 pm, Michael David Crawford <mdcrawf...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> The problem I've got is that those who pay for iOS and OS X
> development have it in their heads that one must know either
> Objective-C or Swift.

You do need one of those to code for Apple devices, even if all your own code
is in C++, because that’s what the frameworks use, and all the published APIs
are expressed in. It’s a bit like the old days when you’d code in C or C++ but
all the published APIs were in Pascal - you had to have an understanding of
Pascal to follow the documentation at the very least, and to work with
OS-defined data structures.

For me, coming from 12 years of C++ to Objective-C in the early 2000s was a
huge boost in productivity. A much simpler language can actually boost output
because you spend less time trying to understand all the “features” you never
actually need or use. YMMV.

—Graham