Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> > At the first request, you may see an error message complaining about
> > undefined "xmldb" or "parentcm" generators. You'll then have to comment
> > out these pipelines in sitemap.xmap, since the interpreted sitemap is
> > more strict than the compiled engine.
> >
> > Please report any problem you may have with this new engine.
>
> Once the bugs have been shaken out of the new system, I would like to
> see the interpreted Sitemap be the default Sitemap.  Do you have any
> input on how resiliant it is to bad sitemap syntax?  For instance,
> if you had one pipeline entry that was not correct (but valid XML),
> is that particular pipeline entry disabled and all others still used?
>
> That IMNSHO is reason enough to switch.  With the compiled approach,
> if the Sitemap.xmap syntax is not done in a valid manner, the compiler
> does not produce valid code, and the prospect is an all or nothing deal.

Silently disabling pipelines might be dangerous for some sitemaps.
Imagine a sitemap, which checks first, if a user is authorized and redirects
the request to a pipeline "Access denied" otherwise.
If the check is disabled due to a syntax error, the site is open.

If you are nesting matchers instead of putting them into a row, the problem
may be solved. But i would still like a loud warning, if something is wrong
with   the sitemap.

Martin

--
Martin Holz  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  phone: 0049-30-39977 218
FIZ CHEMIE BERLIN