Berin Loritsch wrote:

> I ran another round of load tests on Cocoon, and the results are much more
>encouraging.
> I noticed just how much quicker Cocoon was at rendering the Avalon site, so here are
>my
> numbers:
>

> However, when all resources are local, we have an average of 492.34 requests per
>second.
>
> This is almost 400% improvement over about a week ago.

Holy shit. That rocks :) (or we were crap before, pick the one you like
the most.

I think we are following the good release cycle: get functionality
first, tune it later.

I've been trying to run JInsight2 over Cocoon but I haven't a real good
machine for doing that (not enough ram on this laptop)... does anyone
wants to try it?

Find the tool here:

 http://www.research.ibm.com/jinsight/

I think it's one of the best profiling tools ever, even if a little
rough and even if requires *tons* of memory (but handles lots of data
easily and quickly, even if the visualizer is written in java).

Yes, it's free.

Ah, suggestion: download an IBM JVM since Sun's Hotspot is reported to
dump core if instrumented with the jinsight plugin.

Thanks.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                             Friedrich Nietzsche