Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Diana Shannon wrote:

<snip discussion about LinkAlarm/>

> David,
>
> while I've liked this resource contribution since they day it started, I
> wonder if these resources (money == time) can't be used a little more
> wisely.
>
> Please, please, don't get me wrong: I'm not in PITA-mode, just trying to
> solve potential problems.
>
> If you point your CVS client to the scratchpad, you'll see something
> called "LinkStatusGenerator". There is a sitemap in the
> /mount/linkstatus area that explains its use. I've tried it and it
> works. It might not be perfect, but it's pretty cool stuff.

Wow, there is so much stuff in Cocoon and things that
we do not even know are there.

> LinkAlarm costs 10$ per run but has no initial costs. LinkStatus costs
> 0$ per run but has an initial cost of a few hours, probably more.
> Depending on the value of your hours.
>
> My suggestion is to concentrate on having LinkStatus work with forrest
> sooner rather than later so that we reduce the 'per run' expenses as
> close to zero as possible (which is the only way it can work in the
> longer run for a volunteer no-profit community like this one).

I do not have time to investigate LinkStatusGenerator.
If someone else does, then that would be excellent.

I do have time to schedule LinkAlarm now and then, and to
follow up on results. So until the LinkStatusGenerator is
working, i will continue with LinkAlarm. Even then, it may
be appropriate to still do the occasional run.

> Again, please understand I have nothing against your contribution, but
> I'd like to find an approach that doesn't have per-run costs (neither
> time nor money) associated with it.

No problem. I do see what you mean.
--David