On Wednesday, June 5, 2002, at 08:44  AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>> Though, if having so many formats is not contradictory to the
>>> Forrest vision
>>> then I am +1 for it.
>>
>> We could do a simple document consisting of a table, of course.
>> Having a
>> specific DTD however ensures we have a common information structure
>> across all XML Apache sub-projects, which is part of the Forrest
>> vision.
>>
> I think we should simply use the usual dtd. It available, can be used
> immediatly and offers all possibilites we need.

+1

Let's keep our eyes on the prize -- CONTENT.

Steven, the problem being: all new dtds are supposed to work with
document-v11. Doesn't that unnecessarily delay these kinds of
documentation efforts? As you know, I'm struggling with similar issues
with other dtds. I don't want to do *anything* to delay Forrest
adoption, but we also need docs...

Diana