> (I'm not Ivelin, but:) The approach is Ok, but the goal is not so clear to
> me. Why would you need to initialize a bean using XML data without Java
> programming? If you use JavaBeans then you should have some processing
> back-end that provides that bean, right? Then this processing back-end
> usually should provide default values for your model object be it
> a JavaBean
> or DOM.

I understand.
The only thing I have to do is to override 'getFormModel()' in my action
where I have to create a DOM object with the initial data, am I right?

Then I have another question: In the example bean (UserBean) some values are
set by DOM nodes. What is the use case for this aproach?
(This part made me think that the bean is the right place to instanciate the
DOM-Object.)

Regards,
Reinhard