Hi Cocoon Guru's,
I'm planning on using Stefano's ImageReader reader to generate
thumbnails.  It took me only a few minutes to implement it, but then I saw
it only supports JPG images.  Is there any possibility to support GIF
images or other formats as well?  I found that JDK 1.4 jai implements a GIF
reader
(http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jai/forDevelopers/jaifaq.html#fileformat).
Using this I could convert GIF images to JPG for the thumbnail
presentation.  My Java knowledge is a bit small to do this myself, so hints
are welcome.

There's another thing I could use and that's an image type reader.  It
takes an image source and converts it to a specified image type.  This way
the users can upload a whole scale of image types that would automagically
be transformed to another type (JPG, GIF, PNG, ...).  How would I implement
this in Cocoon?
Gathering knowledge from the thumbnail generator/reader I should be able to
generate this component easily (I think).

Bert