Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>>> Remember our discussion on log levels : debug is for debugging the
>>> class (i.e. targeted at developpers) while info is to know what the
>>> class does.
>>
>> Yup.
>>
>>> In the case of the sitemap engine, logging an info message when a
>>> matcher matches helps the user to know the path taken in the sitemap
>>> to process a request.
>>>
>>> IMO, this kind of info isn't needed in CLI, so I would raise the
>>> default CLI log level to warn.
>>
>> Warn gives no clue to the user of what is happening...
>>
>> I'm asking you for a suggestion, since in the loglevel there is no
>> user-info level, and maybe it's not to be given to the logger
>> anyway... or just make another logging cat for the user and use that.
>
> Ah, I understand. You would like to distinguish some high-level info
> messages ("Processing foo.html") from low-level info messages ("matched
> pattern '*.html' at sitemap.xmap:123"), right ?

Yup :-)

> Having a logging category for user messages isn't the way to go, as you
> will end up with a lot of messages there what you won't be able to
> filter. Typically, the two messages above should go in this category and
> finally this doesn't solve the problem.
>
> What about using several subcategories in the sitemap, such as
> sitemap.engine (high-level info), sitemap.engine.matcher (matcher info),
> etc ? This would allow to specify in a CLI-specific logkit.xconf the
> exact messages you want to have.

This is basically what I mean, yes :-)

>> How can we do iut with CLI?
>

> "iut" ? Sorry, I don't know this acronym...

it

how can we do it with CLI?
It simply uses a loglevel AFAIK... looking...
it does... now but looking in the Main class...

         new CLOptionDescriptor("logKitconfig",
                                CLOptionDescriptor.ARGUMENT_REQUIRED,
                                LOG_KIT_OPT,
                                "use given file for LogKit Management
configuration"),

So it can be done :-)

>>> What do you want to remove ? The stacktrace or the whole message when
>>> a broken link is encoutered ?
>>>
>>> I'm -1 for removing the whole message : it's bad to ignore broken
>>> links. If you don't see them, you may deploy broken pages on a live
>>> site.
>>
>> Sure, it's the stacktrace I'm talking about.
>
> So +1 for removing the stracktrace.

:-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -