Hi Ivelin,

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 08:00:23AM -0500, Ivelin Ivanov wrote:

> Looks neat.
> Is there a live demo?
>
> I couldn't see a relationship between your work and JMX.
> Can you elaborate on the decision to go with your own interfaces?
> Most J2EE containers support JMX these days, and there are many clients
> which can show the status and allow tuning.

        This is most likely a question for Leif and Berin who designed/wrote
        the instrumentation code in avalon. I've cc'd avalon-dev to get them
        involed in the discussion.

        The interfaces were first proposed by Berin, who IIRC modelled
        them after SEDA. I suggested a few changes to the interfaces, as did
        Leif, who then did the implementation.

        Leif, Berin, any thoughts you'd like to add.

        Cheers,

        Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: