Enke, Michael wrote:

Cool.
But two questions:
1) can we configure if zip or gzip?

Nope, this is zip only. Using gzip would mean producing a tar.gz.

2) wouldn't it be better to add zip/gzip functionallity to
  AbstractSerializer so that we have it for all?
  I thing that someone want to have html zipped ...

Ah, I understand... the misunderstanding ;-) This serializer is not about compressing the output, but about aggregating *several sources in an archive*. The compression stuff is only an added benefit of the zip format.

There was a discussion back in July about sending gzipped html, but this lead to the conclusion that this is the responsibility of the container (httpd or Tomcat). See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=102602879406360&w=2 for more info.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez Anyware Technologies
http://www.apache.org/~sylvain http://www.anyware-tech.com