> Advantages to the Apache reverse proxy solution is that
> 1) Many Cocoon pages can be cached, incurring much lighter load on the
> actual application servers. Also if there is a temporary downtime for the
> app server, visitors are likely to see at least the top level site pages.

How would we split the site then? Keep the current one on the apache machine
and have only the samples and dynamic pages served by cocoondev.org?

> 2) It is much easier to modify an apache config file, then it is to modify
> a DNS table. I don't mean editing the files, but the process it involves to
> obtain permission for modification.

aggreed. IMO we should use DNS only if cocoondev.org makes it under the
umbrella of apache anyway.

Does anyone know if mod_proxy still supports only HTTP 1.0?
--
Torsten