Robert Koberg wrote:

Hi,

> [...]

I just saw an ad yesterday during the 49ers v. Raiders game that had shown these
mysterious cocoons showing up all over. Then, what pops out? The microsoft MSN
butterfly!
Ok, that rules out butterfly, I think :)

But why does the machine name need to be changed if it is going to be a bunch of virtual hosts pointed from the apache.org domain?
Simple. Because the machine name is *also* a virtual host and I don't wnat to have to indicate this every single time I talk about cocoondev.org (the machine) and not cocoondev.org (the site).

I would suggest somoething like the following for all projects:

dev.projectx.cocoon.apache.org -- for development purposes

Then when ready to go to QA, create a branch/tag and promote the site to:

qa.projectx.cocoon.apache.org

If something is broken, fix it in the branch and keep QAing until it can be
promoted to something like:

cert.projectx.cocoon.apache.org
Rob, it took me two years to come close enough to be able to get *one* virtual host. One step at the time, please.

>From the 'certified' stage the project can break out of it's cocoon and take
flight (by being copied over to a live stage/server).

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>