Hi,

<snip/>

> > I would suggest somoething like the following for all projects:
> >
> > dev.projectx.cocoon.apache.org -- for development purposes
> >
> > Then when ready to go to QA, create a branch/tag and promote the site to:
> >
> > qa.projectx.cocoon.apache.org
> >
> > If something is broken, fix it in the branch and keep QAing until it
> > can be
> > promoted to something like:
> >
> > cert.projectx.cocoon.apache.org
>
> Rob, it took me two years to come close enough to be able to get *one*
> virtual host. One step at the time, please.

OK, I understand. But let me proceed anyway :)

The virtual hosts would be set up on the new server so you can do whatever you
want.

The problem, of course is the DNS entries. I can't see it being too difficult
for some infrastructure person to create the entries upon request. Perhaps an
interface could be made like register.com that allows authorized users to
add/remove at will.

Or it could be virtual hosts off of cocoondev.org (i.e.
dev.projectx.cocoondev.org).

I was trying to get the point across that staging environments should be thought
of upfront.

best,
-Rob