Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

On Wednesday 27 November 2002 14:45, Matthew Langham wrote:

. . .can't we add "Cocoon authors" to the PMC list :-).

Can't we add "cocoon evangelists" to it?

All right. I hereby propose Matthew Langham for commit access.

What he will commit is up to him, hopefully something :)

No, seriously, there has been a huge amount of discussions on [EMAIL PROTECTED] about the role of committership compared to membership. Some projects have been accused to give away commit access as *free candy*. I disagree. Delegation is a strenght.

I'd rather have 20 idle committers than leaving a possible committer out there.

Committership is not about 'writing code', is about being 'a citizen of the cocoon community'. And citizens have a passport that lets them into the country easy. Our country is our CVS module.

Result, I don't see why Matthew, which has helped cocoon immensively and continously in the past 18 months, shouldn't deserve cocoon citizenship.

Place your vote.

+1 !

If he doesn't contribute code, he can certainly contribute docs, given the immense experience he gained by writing _the_ book (shouldn't say _the_ anymore since there's a second one, now).

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez Anyware Technologies
http://www.apache.org/~sylvain http://www.anyware-tech.com