----- Original Message -----
From: "Upayavira" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 2:04 PM
Subject: [Proposal] A little reworking of the Cocoon Command Line

> I would like to do some minor rewriting of the command line Main class,
particularly
> splitting it into classes:

> Once that simple split has been done, the second change I'd like to make
is to create an
> FTPWritingEnvironment class, and allow the Programmatic Interface (and
thus the
> command line) to use this. This would allow the command line to generate
content and
> then send that content by FTP up to a web server. I would code it to use
checksums to
> prevent unnecessary uploading, thus maintaining a static synchronised
version of a
> Cocoon driven site on a server that does not directly support Cocoon.
>
> This for me, being able to publish Cocoon based sites by FTP is a bit of a
holy grail. For
> the personal projects I work on, all of which are now based upon Cocoon, I
have to use
> cheap servers that cannot run Java, and thus cannot run Cocoon. Therefore,
FTP is the
> only way.

Very good idea.

I have similar personal projects. They are also the playground for testing
cocoon functionality. But at the end they are "just" static websites that
are hosted on non-Java

> Before I start doing anything, I would like to check my proposal out with
those on this
> list.

Sounds like a very good idea. If you are looking for somebody to test your
code... count me in....

> Upayavira
> North London, UK

Litrik De Roy