Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

We have StreamGenerator. Which is in fact tied to Servlets!

What do you think - is it possible to eliminate StreamGenerator by adding some functionality to the RequestFactory?

An InputStreamSource would be nice, so that any Generator can act on it.

src="inputstream://"

No, I've meant RequestFactory, from compontents.request package, not an input source. Same place where MIME is decrypted and file attachments are processed.

This is incredible, if I want to get a stream from a request I have to have Servlets!

We have a bunch of methods on the request, is there a reason that we cannot get the inputstream? I don't see the real need of having it this way, does anyone know if there was a reason for it?

Is there any justification for getInputStream() for non-servlet environment?

Simple example: web services. the request contains the data that I must process.

Bad example. It is servlet environment, again. It is not command line or other environment.

If no, I think it's better to try to encapsulate servlet-specific logic into the factory.

What's your take?

Vadim

Vadim

BTW, this has in fact come out during the input pipelines discussion, from a conceptual POV. I wasn't sure, so I dealt in the code and this is what I found...