Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> However, I still consider the new implementation of
> SourceResolverImpl.release() in Excalibur (dated 15 dec. and not
> currently in Cocoon) to be a performance burden since in most cases all
> component-related operations it performs *will be useless*.
>
> Carsten, what do you think ? Should we move this to avalon-dev or can
> you wear you Avalon hat here ?

I'm glad that you wrote hat and not hate... (just a hint of a joke).

The implementation currently used in Cocoon is wrong. The new version i
Avalon is IMHO cleaner and correct, because a factory is responsible
for creating a source, so it must be the responsibility of exactly this
factory to pool/destroy/recylce the source as well. It cannot be
the source resolver doing the job.

Where do you see the performance problems?

Carsten