Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

Andy Lewis wrote:

I have a need to, under specific circumstances, do a RequestDispatcher.forward out of Cocoon. I've
not found any support for this in Cocoon. Alternatives won't work since I need to do this while
preserving request attributes. I would expect to be able to code this as an Action without extreme
difficulty, but I thought I would thorw the idea to the list first and see if anyone has any
ideas, comments, or suggestions...(something other than "No! Don't do it!" :)
Many thanks....

Why do I think that reader is much better place for something like this (...assuming that it's possible...)?

Because forwarding delegates the production of the output to the target resource. But Cocoon expects the sitemap to produce something or an error is displayed.

So the only place where such forwarding is possible is in a Cocoon component that feeds the output with abitrary binary data, and Cocoon names it a reader ;-)

Andy, would you like to contribute a "ForwardReader", how ugly and servlet-tied as it may be ?

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez Anyware Technologies
http://www.apache.org/~sylvain http://www.anyware-tech.com