Hi Frank,

        Thanks for the information mate. Can you please let me know what JDK
        version you are using with the instrumentation client, and with your
        servlet environment when running Cocoon ?

        Thanks, once I get your info, I'll see if I can reproduce the
        problem locally, and fix it.

        Cheers,

        Marcus

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 03:31:17PM +0100, Frank Taffelt wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> i tried out the instrumention client. After making the the required changes
> in web.xml
> and restarting tomcat i get the following message from cocoon:
>
> [ERROR] Unexpected IOE in StreamServerConnection #1
> java.io.InvalidClassException:
> org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.common.OpenConnection
> Request; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID
> = -29042861
> 24933186290, local class serialVersionUID = 1773735791378198918
>         at
> java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(ObjectStreamClass.java:454)
>         at
> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:151
> 1)
>         at
> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1425)
>         at
> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1
> 616)
>         at
> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1264)
>         at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:322)
>         at
> org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.common.SerializationHelper.getInstanceFro
> mBytes(SerializationHelper.java:94)
>         at
> org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.common.SerializationHelper.getInstanceFro
> mBytes(SerializationHelper.java:71)
>         at
> org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.server.impl.ServerCustomStreamReadWriter.
> readRequest(ServerCustomStreamReadWriter.java:84)
>         at
> org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.server.impl.ServerCustomStreamReadWriter.
> writeReplyAndGetRequest(ServerCustomStreamReadWriter.java:46)
>         at
> org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.server.impl.StreamServerConnection.run(St
> reamServerConnection.java:91)
>

> the instrumentation client shows [Not Connected] after trying to establish a
> connection to localhost on port 15555. Any ideas ?
>
> Frank

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: