many status there can be. > If you said:

> 1-Open
> 2-Close
> 3-Invalid
>
> Then if you want to show the history, you will ask for LIMIT 3, but the
database will try to find
> the 4th row after finding the only 3 that can exist.
>
> This is why I told this is a performance issue. Not an error.

I sure hope you've normalized your database so that "status" is stored in a
separate table from the rest of the history?  If so, you should have a
proper primary key in the history table that you can index on and the search
will stop after looking at 4 records; the three that match and first one
that doesn't match (at which point it will know the search is done.)