Jakob Praher wrote:
In my experience, using a simple Bean Object as the form model and then
using this model to fill in a DataObject is the better approach than
direct binding the data object to the form, as you can't always do a 1:1
mapping between all the fields.
This is a good point. In my application, I could directly use the DataObject most of the times, but in a few cases I had to wrap it in a "helper" object. Case in point: in a user registration form, you have to enter the password twice, but your data object is going to have just one password attribute and it's probably encrypted.

Ugo