Pier Fumagalli wrote:
On 4/3/03 0:52, "Christopher Oliver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You know what? You're right. My description below was wrong. What I
should have said is that I created a simple _JavaScript_ database API
that can be used to implement business objects in JavaScript.

Nononono... Now I don't get you anymore...

Did you read Sylvain's message (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104533819604446&w=2)? What I'm trying to do is give people what they need to start using the flow layer. They need a "bean" to pass to sendPage*(). They want to use a database. They don't want to use an O/R tool. I don't think you want them to do this: http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-09-2002/jw-0920-cocoon-p2.html, do you?

Would you at least agree that this is a better alternative than doing database processing in an xsp or jsp?

The example you've given says:

      var conn = cocoon.getConnection(this.poolId);
      var result = conn.query("select * from PRODUCT where CATEGORY =

What does _conn_ (JDBC wrapped connection, I believe), has to do with
_cocoon_ (sitemap 'n pipelines)???

Nothing, other than the fact that the database connection is configured in "cocoon.xconf".

Anyway this was just a temporary entry point, to get started. I'm open to suggestions on a better solution.

Regards,

Chris