Sylvain Wallez wrote:

Well, I thought I made it clear : although I've not considered the technical details now, I would like to integrate schema-driven syntax checks (I avoid the ambiguous "validation" word) _inside_ the treeprocessor (i.e. at sitemap load-time) to be sure that the sitemap is correct since we cannot assume each user will perform pre-runtime checks.

The technical details I'm referring to are how we can get meaninful messages from schema-driven syntax check, so that we can display them to the user.

The benefits of this approach are IMO mutiple :
- runtime checks, offline checks and schema-driven editors use a single definition of the sitemap grammar,
- since this grammar becomes an integral part of the sitemap engine, it ensures its consistency and long-term maintainance.

Deal ?

Yes, but only if the sitemap RNG schema stops trying to validate the component parameters and accepts transparently what is given in a namespace which is not the sitemap's.