Niclas Hedhman wrote:
On Friday 14 March 2003 22:01, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 14/03/2003 14.49:

But I would like to be able to build cocoon without them and prevent
people with the ability to use them to solve their problems. Just like
Carsten wants to do with the flow or XSP.

That's not the reason IIUC. Flow adds new dependencies to Cocoon as jars, actions do not. What is the technical reason why actions have to be able to be removed?

If you don't want to use them, don't. Since people will be able to
compile with the support in, they will do so, and you will not prevent
them to use actions (nor ATM it's desireable).

Well, if you become a Cocoon hosting service, you may have a different opinion of what other people can do in their sitemaps.

That's for one.

But it's also for any product/service that I might want to build using cocoon as the internal engine.

Just like I didn't vote -1 on the actions when they were proposed because I didn't want to block the evolution of this project, I appreciated the fact that people that disliked the flow approach didn't vote -1 but now ask to be able to remove it.

I just ask the same freedom to remove support on my own builds for things I don't like. Also to force myself to think at better solutions.

Note that they will be included by default, so this doesn't create any back-compatibility issue whatsoever. It's just an additional freedom for those of us who need to personalize their builds.

Stefano.