Bruno Dumon wrote:
> If you have some time, could you compare the current behaviour with
> that of xalan 2.5 and 2.4.1, to see if this got worse recently?

Hello Bruno,

back to these bugs - we stumbled over them in our company, where we use Cocoon 2.0.4 and updated Xalan to 2.4.1.

The pipe:

<map:match pattern="*.xbl">
  <map:generate src="{1}.xbl"/>
  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

The file:

<bindings xmlns="xbl-namespace-uri" xmlns:xbl="xbl-namespace-uri" xmlns:xul="xul-namespace-uri">
<binding>
<content>
<xul:textbox xbl:inherits="class"/>
</content>
</binding>
</bindings>

The result (with Xalan 2.4.1):

<xbl:bindings xmlns="xbl-namespace-uri" xmlns:xbl="xbl-namespace-uri" xmlns:xul="xul-namespace-uri">
<xbl:binding>
<xbl:content>
<xul:textbox xbl:inherits="class"/>
</xbl:content>
</binding>
</bindings>

While with old Xalan 2.2.D11 from JDK on every element the xbl namespace-prefix was added correctly (also on endElement). This can be seen still at http://conweb.virbus.de/conweb/binding/textbox.xml (using Mozilla; only if http://conweb.virbus.de/conweb/ shows still version 2.1.12, the page will be updated probably tomorrow).

The solution here was simple: replacing generator + serializer by a reader. But I guess this is not always possible. Xalan 2.4.1 and up seems to have problems when the default namespace and a namespace-prefix are set to one namespace-uri.

Joerg