Hi,

I'm trying to write a page where users can edit their
details, so I'm pulling their details from the DB and
trying to put them into a form as the value, simple or
so I thought. What's happening in practice is that the
strings I'm putting into the value have a load of
whitespace around them and are way off the end of the
input box. I tried using .trim() but it doesn't do
anything. This is what I'm trying

<input type="text" name="firstName">
     <xsp:attribute name="value">
        <xsp:expr><esql:get-string
column="firstname"/></xsp:expr>
     </xsp:attribute>
</input>

and in my stylesheet

<input type="{@type}" name="{@name}" value="{@value}"
maxlength="{@maxlength}" size="{@size}"/>

See, it's simple, but it doesn't work. I don't know if
my problem is with XSP, XSL, Java in general or what.

What am I doing wrong?????

http://auctions.yahoo.com/