> > how do I get the main Cocoon log into a  directory outside of the
> > servlet context?

> Have you removed the comment around the mentioned block in web.xml ;)

Yes I have ;-) I just double checked it, and furthermore, the
/WEB-INF/log/cocoon.log is not updated any longer. So _something_ did work.
However, I cannot figure out, _where_ the new cocoon.log is stored. It's not
in /tmp, but maybe my file://tmp/ is false? BTW: I'm using a linux system,
if that's of interest.

    Sven....