Take a look at my posting from yesterday - "[C2] Possible Solution for
PDF Bug with IE 5.x !??". I explained it in detail. Ask me for further
questions.

In my tests a realized big problems because of the lack of
content-length for FOP-generated PDF's. With content-length it worked
quite well.
This is a different problem than that with C1 (see Ulrich's Postings),
because C1 properly sends a content-length.

Stefan