        you may pass every URI you want to Cocoon, whathever the extension. Of
course, you will have to rely on the Apache rewrite engine to handle this
job (I mean: switching URI between Apache or Cocoon).
        This URI switching task might be pretty tricky and, moreover, is bound to
put application logic outside the sitemap... which is unfortunate.

> In your configuration, what will you do if you got to serve static xml
> files (example: applet configuration)?

        I'll tell Apache NOT to pass xml files contained in a subsite to Cocoon.
For instance, every URI in www.foobar.com/foo/static won't be passed to
Cocoon but served directly by Apache, while every URI in
 www.foobar.com/foo/dynamic will be passed to Cocoon for further processing.

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant