Luca Morandini wrote:

> Andre,
>
>       I used mod_jk instead of jserv, hence, I can't be of much assistance.
>
>       I would suggest you to switch to mod_jk, which is (reportedly) better, then
> we may work out the problem...

Hi Luca,

All right, I switched to mod_jk. No change, however, everything I had
with jserv also applies to jk. The directory /cocoon is displayed if I
do the request localhost/cocoon in the same way as /localhost/examples
would do. Is this in fact to be expected, since localhost:8080/cocoon
results in the welcome page, so the latter request compiles the sitemap.
If I do localhost:8080/examples I also get a listing of the directory
examples, but now tomcat handled the request.

Again, localhost:8080/cocoon works entirely correct.

Maybe you could show me your server.xml and mod-jk.conf-auto files to
see what you have in your case. Are you accidentally using a linux
(Slackware) based system?

Cheers,
Andre