On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Sergio Carvalho wrote:

> Thanks dims. It was not me asking, but Jean-Marc Borer. I was just surprised
> at how strongly Giacomo discouraged using Cocoon as a presentation engine.
> I use Cocoon that way with Jsp pages. Its a great way to convert legacy apps,
> decoupling presentation.

Because experience of other projects (jetspeed) using cocoon the other
way around as a template/rendering engine failed because of the
complexity. The right approach to use cocoon is to have it run as it
is and put your logic into components available for use (Actions,
Generators or Transformer) or use custom ones like Jsp-/URLGenerator.

Giacomo