Steven Punte wrote:

> My point is don't loose out and just become an interesting
> "experimental academic project."

It helps if you pay attention to the whole thread.  Cocoon 2.0
is well on its way to a final release.  You have misconstrued
the existence of Cocoon 2.1 as the quest for the bleeding edge.
You will find that the only difference between the two really
is the existence of more Components for your use.

> There is HUGH INTEREST by the software industry in this
> type of architecture.  There are undoubted many commercial
> firms working on comparable frameworks. Sales of such
> XML framework technology will probably exceed $1B by 2005.

I think you are optimistic of sales numbers, however, there
is considerable interest.  People are more interested in
Quick and Dirty (Q&D) development, so technologies like
JSP, ASP, and PHP thrive.  When it comes to maintenance
of the site--well, that's when Cocoon shines.

> I was driven away from TOMCAT last year because of it lack
> of "production worthiness'."  It looks like it is more mature
> now, and I may return.  It's sure costly to change back and
> fourth.

Cocoon needs formal testing--but you will find that Cocoon 2 beta 2
is MORE production worthy than Cocoon 1.x due to the fact that it
scales much better.

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature