Gerhard Froehlich wrote:

> To problems I see:
> 1. Pictures: How do I make references in the generated doc to a picture
> in a database. Maybe with esql and xsp?

How about creating a table called "OBJECTLINKS" that has a sourceId, a
targetId, a sourceType and a targetType? Then you can make an entry in
that table and point from the doc to the image or vice versa.

> 2. How to request the document, because it's stored in the database.
> Do I have to read it out maybe with a servlet and redirect it to cocoon.
> But where I have to store the xsl stylesheets then? In the examples I
> found only samples with content on the fs.

You can read it out with esql:get-xml. If you use Cocoon1, you can also
use the SOAP taglib for the infrastructure work.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung