I've downloaded and built the Cocoon2 WAR file and successfully deployed it
in JBoss 2.2.2 + Tomcat 3.2.2.

However, I'm a little confused. I can't figure out where/how to develop a
new Cocoon based webapp. I figure I shouldn't have to compile a new WAR file
every time I add or change a file. Not to mention, the WAR gets undeployed
every time I restart the server, which removes the webapp's files.

Shouldn't I be able to define a new context and point it at the installed
Cocoon servlet? Or does this launch a separate Cocoon2 instance?

Should I simply extract the C2 WAR into a new directory, let Tomcat know
about it and work there until the app is done, then build it into a new WAR
and deploy it?

Or should I be using sub-sitemaps?

Lastly, is this a general enough question I can find the answer somewhere
else (e.g. the servlet 2.2 API docs)?

Thanks for your kind attention, Per.