> I tried to implement your example, but can't get the
> connection pooling to
> work (I guess). It _works_ when I _don't_ use pooling, so I
> can't understand
> what's wrong. The driver is mm.mysql 2.0.4 and is located in
> TOMCAT_HOME/lib.
>
> Below is the error message and cocoon.properties:
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Error found handling the request.
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error opening pooled connection:
> annemarie:
> Database type org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver not implemented.
(snip)

> ------------------
> From my cocoon.properties:
> ------------------------
>
> # Turbine DB Connection Pool
> ############################
(snip)

oops, you define the driver twice ----^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor=DBWeblogic,DBOracle,DBInst
> antDB,DBPostgr
> es,DBSybase,DBInformix,DBMySQL
> processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBWeblogic=weblogic.jdbc.p
> ool.Driver
> processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBOracle=oracle.jdbc.drive
> r.OracleDriver
> processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBInstantDB=org.enhydra.in
> stantdb.jdbc.i
> dbDriver
> processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBPostgres=postgresql.Driver
> processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBInformix=com.informix.jd
> bc.IfxDriver
> processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBSybase=com.sybase.jdbc.SybDriver
> processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBMySQL=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

oops, you define the driver twice ----^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(and the last definition is taken into account)
you must have only one definition of the driver, so
rename DBMM to DBMySQL in
processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor=DBMM
and delete the line
processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBMM=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
(I'm *very* sorry for the trouble, I've renamed DBMySQL to DBMM and
suppressed the other drivers definitions for tests , and forgot to change it
back in my configuration)
Olivier