> I did as you said, but I still get the same error message.

OK, I've tried to use MySQL or Mysql (in the
processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor lines): and I got the exception too.
So try to use DBMM instead of MySQL or Mysql, and it works... Dunno why...
It seems to be a name conflict.
I hope this will work for you too!
Olivier
(here is my pool configuration just to be sure we have the same kind of
things)
--start of my pool conf--

# Turbine DB Connection Pool
############################

# These are your database settings, look in the
# org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.* package for more information.
processor.xsp.pool.database.foo.driver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
processor.xsp.pool.database.foo.url=jdbc:mysql://your.server/foo
processor.xsp.pool.database.foo.username=foouser
processor.xsp.pool.database.foo.password=foopwd
processor.xsp.pool.database.foo.maxConnections=5
processor.xsp.pool.database.foo.expiryTime=3600000

# These are the supported jdbc-drivers and their adaptors.
# These properties are used by the DBFactory.
processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor=DBMM
#processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBWeblogic=weblogic.jdbc.pool.Driver
#processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBOracle=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDrive
#processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBInstantDB=org.enhydra.instantdb.jdbc.
idbDriver
#processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBPostgres=postgresql.Driver
#processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBInformix=com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver
#processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBSybase=com.sybase.jdbc.SybDriver
processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBMM=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

# The full path name to a pool log file
# if not given, commands to log events using org.apache.turbine.util.Log
will be ignored.
# This file must already exist and be writable.
# Default: none
processor.xsp.pool.logfile=/var/log/dbPool.log

--end of my pool conf--