I have 2.0beta1 running on Orion 1.5.2, with the cocoon.war included in
a .ear file.

First you have to change the xerces and xalan files which are located in
the %ORION_ROOT%
Copy the xerces-x-x-x and xalan-x-x-x files from cocoon distribution,
into %ORION_ROOT% and rename them to just xerces.jar and xalan.jar.

Update manifest.mf in the orion.jar, change the classpath so that xalan
and xerces is first in line:

        Manifest-Version: 1.0
        Main-Class: com.evermind.server.ApplicationServer
        Name: "Orion Application Server"
        Created-By: 1.2 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
        Implementation-Vendor: "Evermind"
        Class-Path: xalan.jar xerces.jar ejb.jar jndi.jar jdbc.jar
jta.jar jaxp.jar crimson.jar saxon.jar tools.jar jsse.jar jnet.jar
jcert.jar
                        activation.jar mail.jar jaas.jar
        Implementation-Version: "1.0.0"
        Implementation-Title: "com.evermind.server"

        Name: javax/servlet/
        Specification-Version: 2.3
        Implementation-Title: javax.servlet

        Name: javax/servlet/jsp/
        Specification-Version: 1.1
        Implementation-Title: javax.servlet.jsp

Add a application.xml into META-INF folder in the .ear file.

My server.xml looks like this:

        <application name="Cocoon" path="d:\MyDeploys\cocoon.ear"/>

and my default-web-site looks like this:

     <web-app application="Cocoon" name="cocoon" root="/cps" />

In case that I did remember everything you should be able to reach the
cocoon at url

        http://localhost:port/cps/

if using cps as context root.

Good luck!